About us...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Would you like a good cry?

Sometimes you discover things that just pull at your heart. Right after I had Maddie I started following the blog of Matt Logelin. I found this blog through a third party's blog and was interested in it because of the title: Matt, Liz, and Madeline. I figured it might be a good read since they also named their daughter Madeline. Oh boy, was I in for a story. You can read his blog if you click on his name earlier in my post, I linked it up.

I won't give you all of the details here. But let me just say, I am so glad I read it AFTER I had my c-section. The blog is basically about this man's journey to raise his daughter after his wife passed away 27 hours after delivering Maddy through a c-section 7 weeks early. She had a pulmonary embolism that killed her instantly as she was headed down to the NICU to hold her daughter for the first time.

It has been 3 years since she died and the blog has become extremely popular. Matt has even written a book.
I pre-ordered it through Amazon and it arrived last week. I basically had the entire thing read in a day and sobbed the WHOLE time. It tells about Liz's pregnancy, Maddy's birth, Liz's death, and the year after. This is one strong man. I am not sure how many other men could have survived as well as he has. I love that he is extremely blunt about how hard it has been. Be warned, he drops the *F* bomb frequently, and I think he has the right to. He has made it his life mission to give his daughter the best life he can imagine. They travel constantly and he gives her once in a lifetime experiences. He is also determined to do things with her that he mom would have done, like go into trendy boutiques and buy super cute and super expensive clothes even though he would never shop for himself in stores like that. He is rather Indie.

Brad asked me why I was reading that book (aka why was I intentionally making myself cry) and I told him that it reminds me of how fortunate we are. I am thankful everyday that we are so blessed. I had an uneventful easy pregnancy, Madeline's delivery was late and the c-section was unexpected but it was complication free. We have lived with our beautiful daughter for 6 months now and I have treasured every moment. Reading stories like Matt's makes me remember just how lucky we are.

So, if you want to borrow the book I have it. If you want to go out and but yourself a copy, I recommend it. But just remember, I warned you. AND make sure you have a box of Kleenex next to you.

2 comments:

  1. I have never checked that blog out, but have seen it on other people's blog lists. May have to borrow the book. You know me, I will be a mess if I read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good read - I bought it for the Nook after seeing this and really enjoyed it...sad, though!

    ReplyDelete