About us...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Feelin' Artsy!

The end of January and month of February was a very "artsy" time in my life apparently. Recently we discovered a place that was called Sips-n-Strokes, it has since changed names to Uptown Art Uncorked, we prefer the first name. Basically you pick a class based on the painting you want to create, pay your money, receive a blank canvas, instructors walk you through creating the picture, and 2-3 hours later... Voila! Art!!

Oh and did I mention you get to drink wine while you do it?! Good times!!

I first took my mom for her birthday, we painted beach houses. 



 I went back the next night with my GNO group and we made a Fleur-De-Lis. (See the wine in the picture!)






And finally a group from school (including our principal!) went and painted a field of poppies. A lot of us have used the pictures of each step for writing lessons (minus the ones that include the wine) as a way to show sequencing, developing details, etc. So the whole thing has become multi-purpose.

If you haven't been you should try it, we had a great time each time we went. I hung the Beach Houses in our bathroom... still searching for locations for the other two, but I love having something I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment